The Shawnee National Forest is wonderful place full of beauty and nature that most Southern Illinoisans believe to be a gift. The Shawnee contains a vast amount of secrets that are just waiting to be explored. As journalists, our job is to uncover those secrets. For the past few semesters at Southern Illinois University Carbondale, students from Journalism, Cinema and Photography, and Radio-Television have combined their skills to explore different areas of the forest in order tell the untold stories. Explore this website and learn about the Shawnee National Forest as we have…
Throughout the website is a variety of stories, slideshows and videos. Here is a little guide for you to fully enjoy our students’ work.
- A photo with a green border can be clicked to open a larger version of the photo, and it will also allow viewers to click through other photographs in the story.
- A slideshow with four arrows in the right corner will open the slideshow to fullscreen.
- A slideshow without play controls can be started or paused when you click on a photograph in the slideshow.
- To see timelines in fullscreen, follow the links below the timelines.
- Each slideshow has the option of sound and captions, please adjust to your liking.